CATS Family Scholarships Application Information
Application Deadline: April 15
(must be postmarked by this date and sent in a manner that provides delivery confirmation)
CATS will award scholarships in the amount of $2000.
- Moose Detty CATS Family Scholarship
(Sponsored by PRO)
- Otho Davis CATS Family Scholarship
(Sponsored by BuzzeoPDMA)
- J & J CATS Family Scholarship
(Sponsored by Johnson & Johnson) – 4 Available
- HydroWorx CATS Family Scholarship
(Sponsored by HydroWorx)
(To be eligible for these awards:)
- Applicant must be a non-married, dependent son or daughter of
a member in good standing of the College Athletic Trainers’ Society
(CATS) prior to the application deadline.
- Applicant must be accepted or enrolled full-time at a college/university for the current year.
- If eligible, applicants may reapply for scholarship annually.
However, applicant may only apply for one scholarship per year.
Please submit the following:
- Completed Application Form with required signatures.
- Most recent official transcript notarized from current institution(s).
- Applicant Personal Essay (One page in length).
- Two letters of recommendation (One from a professor and one from any of the following: coach, administrator, counselor, academic advisor or employer.)
*Each letter must be accompanied by an Evaluator Questionnaire and sealed in
an envelope with the evaluator’s signature. These must be returned to you to
include in your application packet. The Evaluator Questionnaire is the last page on the Application Form.
Mail completed application with delivery confirmation to:
Tim Garl, ATC
1001 East 17th Street
Bloomington, IN 47408
Deadline: April 15
(must be postmarked by this date and sent in a manner that provides delivery confirmation.)
Submitted application must be completed in its entirety. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed by CATS Scholarship Committee. Award recipients will be notified by committee representative. Award announcement will be made at the CATS Annual Symposium. Scholarship applicants, parents, friends or relatives are not allowed to contact members of the scholarship committee.
Preference will be given to those in good academic standing with both strong essays and letters of recommendations. Awards will be applied towards the recipients’ college education. Each award will go directly to the recipients’ institution for tuition or room and board.